Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rain, rain go away!

Saturday, March 26, 2011
Today's goal:  Easy run, 5 miles
Workout:  5 miles @ 10:26/mile
I haven't run as much as I intended this week.  The weather, too much to do at work and PMS have left me feeling blah.  I have danced everyday so at least I'm moving.
I put off running until 9:00 this morning which is at least 2 hours later than I like on a Saturday but at least I did it.  I was able to muster up negative splits for all 5 miles and I'm pretty happy with that.

Blast from the past entries for March 24-25, 2001
Saturday, March 24, 2001
Today's goal:  No workout
My head is a mess.  I got nothing done today.  I can't decide if I should run tomorrow's race or not.  Mom says to go.  I guess I will.

Sunday, March 25, 2001
Today's goal:  Houlihan's 12K
Workout:  12K, time 1:19
Weather:  Perfect
Saulsalito to Giradellhi Square.  Good hard run.  I was fine until the Presidio and the cemetery*.  The tears came and I couldn't stop them.  I ran like hell to get out of there.  Orin, Tony and Dru were at the last corner cheering me on and that was great.  I finished within a minute of Ramie and Sue, that's a first!  Can't wait to sleep.  I didn't fall asleep until 10:30 last night and was up at 2:30 to get to the bus this morning.  Couldn't sleep on the bus.  I think I am finally exhausted.
*My grandparents are both buried at the Presidio in San Francisco.  My grandfather had been laid to rest there in 1992 so running through the Presidio just two days after my grandmother's death was extremely hard for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!