Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A sad week

Monday, March 21, 2011
Today's goal:  5 miles
Workout: 5 miles, 11:45/mile
Weather sucks.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Today's goal: Run rest day/XT
Workout:  2 hours of dance

Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Today's goal:  5 miles
Workout: 5 miles, 10:40/mile
Weather still sucks.

Blast from the past entries, March 21-23, 2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2001
Today's goal:  6.25 with the Team
Workout:  None
Didn't go to workout.  Did therapy with Gram and spent time with the kids.

Thursday, March 22, 2001
Today's goal: 5-6 miles
Workout:  None
Didn't make it to rehab center in time for Gram's therapy today and I didn't make it to workout either.  I did get to visit with Gram and she looked better today.  She actually got out of bed and we had a great visit.  I'm going to keep going to therapy and really push her.

Friday, March 23, 2001
Today's goal: None
Grandma died today.  I am in utter shock.  She developed a blood clot in her lungs and her heart failed.  I am absolutely heartbroken.  Yesterday was such a great day.  I was sure she would come home soon.  I am not ready for her to be gone.

*This was a really awful time in my life.  I was very close to my Grandmother and I still miss her desperately even 10 years later.  The hole that she left behind has never really healed.  I remember sitting on the floor of our hallway with my sons, then 7, 5 1/2 & 2 1/2, and crying for what seemed like an eternity.  They were also very close to Gram. Her death was such a shock and my training never really recovered from it.  There will be a few more entries before I give up writing in my running journal.  In hindsight I wish I would have kept writing for therapeutic reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!