Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday

Today's goal: 7 miles
Workout: 6.5 miles.  1 mile walking warm-up.  4 miles at 11:30/mi.  1.5 mile cool down walk.
Weather:  Gorgeous.  Couldn't decide between shorts and capris this morning.  Should have opted for the shorts.  Way. Too. Hot.  Run was a struggle but I'm glad I got it done.  I'm still fighting off this bug but am on the mend.

Total mileage for the week:  6.5
Time for the week:  1:26
Total mileage on shoes: 21 miles
End of week weight:  112.6

Notes for the week:  This week was less than spectacular!  I started getting sick last weekend.  By Monday I had a full blown cold and had sprouted a big 'ol canker sore on the roof of the my mouth..  Monday morning also brought an early visit from Mother Nature.  Super!  Just what I needed!  Tuesday morning I awoke with pink eye. Bonus!  Visited the doc and she said sorry I can't help, you have a viral infection, let it run it's course.  Yippee!  I have been coughing all week and lost most my of voice for several days.  Thursday morning I woke up with a bloody nose.  Seriously.  This was my health week.  On the up side I lost 2 pounds because I had next to nothing to eat all week.  The canker sore was just too painful and the cold rendered my taste buds useless.

Thought for the week:  Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them.
-PattiSue Plummer (American runner and Olympian)

2 comments:

  1. Great job Kelly, keep it up. One step at a time. Hope you get rid of that bug fast. Love the quote a the end of this one.

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!