Thursday, April 7, 2011

More from the past

I have not been running as much as I'd like but I'm not so unhappy about it that I'm doing anything to change that fact.  I did run a beautiful 11 miler last Saturday with BC and DG.  We ran a hilly paved trail and happily I didn't need to take any walk breaks.  The foot is feeling nice and strong. 

Blast from the past entries March 26, 2001 - April 7, 2001
Tuesday, March 27, 2001
Today's goal:  5 miles
Workout:  None
Didn't run.  Couldn't make myself go.  I know I'd feel better.  I have to go tomorrow before the funeral.

Wednesday, March 28, 2001
Today's goal:  7 miles
Workout:  None
Didn't run.  Dave's kids spent the night, too many kids to get ready.

Thursday, March 29, 2001
Todays' goal: 5 miles
Workout:  None
Went to the cemetery in SF and didn't get back to EG until after 7 PM.  #2 asked at graveside if Great Grandma and Grandpa are being buried in bunk beds.  Out of the mouths of babes.  Very tired, very depressed.

Saturday, March 31, 2001
Today's goal:  12-14 miles with the Team
Workout:  12 miles
Time:  2:16
Weather:  Sunny, warm
Ran 12.  Really warm today.  Still fighting blisters.  Tony says to try thicker socks.

Monday, April 2, 2001
Today's goal:  5-6 miles
Workout:  None
Still out of it.  Kids still off-track.  Maybe next week I'll get back into my routine.

Thursday, April 5, 2001
Today's goal:  6 miles
Workout:  None
Leaving for Yosemite tomorrow.  No time to breathe let alone run.

Saturday, April 7, 2001
Today's goal:  9-10 miles
Workout:  None
Today is my 33rd birthday.  Still in Yosemite.  Snowed all day.  Swam a little at the hotel and had two snowball fights.  Back to the grind next week.

2 comments:

  1. Jealous that you had such a good run last Saturday! Good for you. I'm hoping to start back up next week. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing to be jealous of is that I got tanked with you at Brickhouse and then had to be out of bed at 5:15 AM that Saturday. LOL! I've acquired some mad pain in my left calf. WTH? Going out with David for 12-14 tomorrow, hope I can make it. Only 22 days until race day. I can't wait for you to get back! Keep babying that hip!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!