Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thursday, Friday and Saturday

Thursday, February 24, 2011
Today's goal:  Run rest day/XT
Workout: None
CPR class in the evening.  Wiped out when I got home.

Blast from the past, Saturday, February 24, 2001
Today's goal:  105-115 minutes with the Team
Workout:  11.5 miles
Time:  2:06
Weather:  Awful
I hate the wind!  Most miserable run ever.  Felt completely beat up.  Cant' wait to go to San Diego and run in good weather!
*To this day I remember this run.  It was the furtherst I had ever run and the wind pushed the rain sideways the entire run.  When we finished we were soaked to the bone and half frozen.  I remember sitting in the car in the parking lot trying to peel off my wet clothes but my hands were so stiff I could barely get changed.  I've only had one run more miserable in all my years of running, Surf City Marathon 2008.  More on that later!

Notes from the week:  Horrible weather all week.  Couldn't drag myself out. 
Distance for the week:  11.5
Time for the week:  Distance to date:  125 miles
End of week weight:  109 lbs

Thought for the week:  ...Any day I am too busy to run is a day I am too busy.   
-John Bryant (Deputy Editor, London Times)

Friday, February 25, 2011
Today's goal:  Run rest day/XT
Workout:  None.  Sick AGAIN! 
Weather:  Crazy!

Blast from the past, Sunday, February 25, 2001
Today's goal:  No workout
Workout:  None

Saturday, February 26, 2011
Today's goal:  "Long" run, 4 miles
Workout:  Decided to postpone run to tomorrow.  I have a very sore throat and am losing my voice.  Boo.  Guess that's what I get for working with teenagers!  Took a beautiful 5 mile walk with C and the dogs in place of run.

Blast from the past, Monday, February 26, 2001
Today's goal:  No training

2 comments:

  1. So what are you up to?
    Are you getting ready for a trip around the lake?
    Sure miss running with you. At times (usually when it's pouring down rain) I think of our runs around the lake. I think I'll do some hills next week then I think the week after is Shamrock?
    Are you really going to be ready for American River Pkwy? I sure hope so!
    b-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slowly working my way up!
    I think I'll be ready for a trip around the lake the 19th or the 26th.
    I miss running with you too! I can't wait to get back out to lake. I'm not quite ready for the big hills yet but hopefully soon!
    I'm really trying hard to be ready and healthy for American River Parkway!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!