Sunday, February 13, 2011

History Repeating

Yesterday I came across some old training journals.  The oldest one I have is from 10 years ago as I trained for my first marathon, Rock 'n Roll San Diego.  It's interesting that some of the aches I have now I also had then.  I've decided to post what I wrote each day in the past along with what I'm currently doing as a comparison of sorts.

Here is a little history from this time period.  I have run off and on most of my life but not consistently and not much at all through my 20's.  In the spring of 2000 at the age of 32 I decided I needed a little me time and this was the best solution.  I could be out of the house for an hour at a time and at peace with my thoughts. My boys were very young (7, 4 1/2, 18 months) and for the most part I was a stay at home mom.  I worked a few hours a week at a local coffee house in the evening and on weekends.  Peace was hard to find.  In the fall of 2000 I began running races and loved it.  In December of that year one of my very best friends suggested checking out Team in Training and thus began my running "obsession".  The entries from this journal actually started on January 8, 2001 but for simplicities sake I am going to start with February 13, 2001.  Throughout January 2001 and into the first couple weeks of February I wrote about having a hard time fitting the workouts in and the cold weather being an obstacle.  At the point where I will pick up and post I am only running about 12 miles a week.

Sunday 2/13/11: 
6 mile walk with C this morning.  My quads are achy and tight from yesterday's long workout but not in a bad way.  Going to stretch throughout the day to loosen up some.

Blast from the past, Tuesday 2/13/01:
Today's goal: 55 minutes
Didn't run.  Left foot, ankle and shin still sore.

Until tomorrow, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!