Sunday, August 1, 2010

63 days to Urban Cow, 125 days to CIM

Workout:  4 miles (10:18/mi)

Today was my "long run" day.  I'm cracking up even typing this.  A long run is 10, 12, 18 miles or something like that.  Not 4!

Memorable moments from this morning include:
#1 A Honda Civic with an elderly couple motoring by me presumably on their way to church.  After they passed me I got the strongest whiff of old lady perfume.  The begs the question of what is she covering up?  Alcohol? Cigarettes?  Or does she just think she smells good?

#2 A teenage boy of a motorized scooter.  Not like a Vespa scooter but like a scooter you should use by kick-pedalling.  I presume he was on his way to church as well being as he was clothed in a dress shirt and slacks.  The bike helmet really topped it off.

#3  Just after mile 3 I ran into K walking her newly adopted dog, Buster.  I stop to say hi and she says "I didn't even recognize you".  Oh crap I'm even fatter than I thought!

Highlights from today's random playlist:
4 Minutes (Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)
Not Afraid (Eminem)
Gives You Hell (The All-American Rejects)
She's Crafty (The Beastie Boys)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!