Saturday, August 21, 2010

43/105

Rocktape.  A girl's best friend?  We shall see...

I spent 45 minutes being tortured treated by Doc Williams yesterday.  The good news is he can improve the way my foot is performing and help me get back into top shape.  The bad news is I should have started seeing him 6 weeks ago.  That's the story of my life, a day late and a dollar short.  So now begins therapy amidst training.  If you don't know about kinesio tape you can read about it here.  After my session yesterday which involved deep tissue massage that brought tears to this self proclaimed tough girl's eyes my foot is very tender today.  Doc says to expect some bruising from the brutal massage and tenderness for a couple of days.  Yeah! I surely haven't had enough pain with this whole ordeal yet!  Okay enough whining already.

Today's cross training hell consisted of Yoga for Beginners.  Ummm not so very relaxing.  Developed by zen masters or sadomasochists?  The jury is still out on that one.

Up tomorrow?  Slow easy 5 miler.

2 comments:

  1. I just want to see you in one piece at my house the morning of Cowtown... I mean Urban Cow. I'd be thrilled if you can run the 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I will be there healthy and with bells on! Okay not really any bells but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!