Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

It's been 7 days since surgery and over a month since my last run.  I miss it but I'm getting used to it.  However I'm dealing with headaches and anxiety daily and I do not like that.  Running is like a pressure relief valve for me and for now the pressure keeps building.  I do not know how I am going to survive 6 months off the road.  I'm also worried that after taking off 6 months making a new start at the age of 43 will be extremely hard. 

I'm thinking I need to change the title of the blog to My life on the mend since I seem to be doing more of that this year than any actual running.

CIM is only 10 or so days away.  In some ways I'm thankful for this damn injury because it is unseasonably cold and I think it would have been a pretty miserable race.  I'm setting my sites on fair weather marathon in early 2012.  God, that sounds so far off in the future.

I'll try to keep you updated on my progress and impending insanity.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!