Thursday, October 21, 2010

Game Over

Bill called last night to tell me that the registration cap has been met for the 2010 California International Marathon (CIM).  Damn it.  Only 4 more days until I see Dr. N for a follow up.  I was waiting on his okay before taking on the challenge of 26.2 miles in the frigid December air.  Damn it, damn it all to hell. Obvisously I'm little more than upset about this.  There is a story behind this race and I'll post about it soon.  Bill did sign up as a relay team and being the great guy that he is he put me down as a member.  This is why I have such admiration for Bill.  He's just so darn thoughtful!

Ran what felt like an easy 4 this morning with Kim even though in my current state I was in no mood at all for a run.

Up tomorrow?  REST day!  Up Saturday?  15 miles with the group, maybe.

4 comments:

  1. Had no idea there was a cap to registration... U would think they would want the entry fee, who cares how many are running even if its past the max?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has to do with insurance and how long the city will keep the roads closed. It's a very popular race since it is the last Boston qualifier of the year on the west coast. I knew that it was getting close to full but was hoping that it would stay open until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This Bill guy sounds wonderful... You'll have to introduce me sometime.
    Really...what are friends for?
    Let's make sure the foot is good and we'll go from there. We can still run the entire 26.2 if we want. I just got 4 bibs instead of one.
    See you out ther Satruday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You really should meet him. He IS wonderful!

    I'm totally okay with the turn of events. The relay is so fun and it's over in 6 or 7 miles instead of 26! LOL!

    See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!