Thursday, September 30, 2010

3/68

4 miles (10:30/mi) with Kim.  I ran harder than I planned this morning but I'm feeling good.

I've had a couple of questions asked over the last day so I'll answer them here:
Kim asked:  "Does your foot hurt?". 
Yes, my foot hurts every single minute of every single day.  I hope that someday it won't but for now it does.  It serves as a reminder that no matter how much I exercise or eat clean illness can still strike.  I thank my lucky stars everyday that it wasn't the "The Big C"!

KBF asked: "How are you dealing with the heat?". 
For the record it has been crazy hot here in my part of the world!  100 degrees F yesterday afternoon.  KBF I'm dealing with it by going out at 5:45 AM when it's only 70 degrees!  Race day forecast is back down in the 80's, should be a perfect running morning!

On another note, Heather said I can run with her during the race on Sunday morning.  Yay!  I was afraid she'd want to go solo!  We are shooting for 11:00/mile average which will have us finishing under 2 hours 30 minutes.  Heck I don't care if we take all day, I just want to finish!

Up tomorrow?  I haven't decided yet.  Either an easy 3 miles or rest day.

2 comments:

  1. For me 70 is hot even to power walk..omg... Have u ever run at night? My brother use to run at night till his asthma would kick up... damp air is a killer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 70 is scorching but it is tolerable before the sun comes up :o)
    When the boys were little I ran at night after I put them to bed. Now my life is just to hectic with high schoolers so I have to run in the morning. We have spare the air days here because our air is so stagnant. Humidity is less of an issue.

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!