Friday, July 30, 2010

65 days to Urban Cow, 127 days to CIM

Workout: 3 miles on treadmill (10:40/mi)

Much better day today.  Now I'm glad I took the rest day.  Decided to tie my shoe differently.  I think it helped a lot.  I'm working on my posture and learning to relax on the run again.  I need to get past the numbers on my watch.  They fuck with my head.  Sorry kiddies if I offend but they really do.  I have a 2:07 goal time in my head for October and I really want it but there's a little naggy voice in my head telling me to back off a bit.  I think it's just a little apprehension.  I've thrown times out in front of me before and I haven't reached them.  The disappointment is sometimes crushing.

Highlights from this mornings playlist include:
  • Wind It Up by Gwen Steffani
  • Don't Stop Believin' the Glee Cast version
  • 'Till I Collapse by Eminem (I love Em.  SHHH... Don't tell anyone!)
  • United State of Pop 2009 (Blame it on the pop) DJ Earworm

4 comments:

  1. I love the new Eminem album. I added it to my running playlist a few weeks ago. Nothing like some good music to get you movin'--I love the Glee song too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new album too. I listening to Love the Way You Lie over and over. It's like being a teenager again! Right now 'Till I Collapse is my "power song" on my Nike+ profile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you were smart and took a rest day.
    Andrea got a new Mac and I got a free ipod touch just for being a teacher... sweet deal. Can't wait to take it out on a trail run. I can use my wireless headphones instead of ear buds.

    Have you signed up for Cowtown & CIM?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I took the rest day too. I'm learning from past mistakes! That is so cool about the iTouch! I'm jealous! I haven't signed up for either yet because I was waiting for the okay from the doc. I'm signing up for CIM today because the price goes up tomorrow to $100.00.

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!