Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting back to a routine

Every day that the sun shines her pretty face here in northern California I want to lace up my shoes and head out for a run but that's still out of the question.  I'm grateful that I haven't lost the desire over these last several months.  I keep trying to convince myself that another 5 months won't be that bad, that a little rest never hurt anyone.  It's not working but I'm trying.

This week I made a promise to myself that I would get back into some sort of exercise routine.  Whether it be yoga, pilates, weight training, swimming or walking.  Today I took the first steps in fulfilling that promise.  I dug out an old pilates DVD and got to work.  It was 30 excruciating minutes and my body feels like Jello.  I'm sure tomorrow I will awake to soreness throughout my entire body but it will be worth it!

I see Dr. N in 3 weeks.  I hoping for more good news.  I've been really babying the foot this time around and the healing feels totally different.  I think this is a good sign and I've got my fingers crossed!

Until next time, peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, kid. I feel ya. I just saw Dr. Bean today. The sun is taunting us right now!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave your thoughts here. I'd really ♥ to hear from you!